[Pacemaker] Upstart resources

Florian Haas florian at hastexo.com
Tue Feb 21 10:30:27 EST 2012

Jake,

sorry, I missed your original post due to travel; let me toss in one
more thing here:

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 3:32 PM, Jake Smith <jsmith at argotec.com> wrote:
>> > Are upstart jobs expected to conform to the LSB spec with regards
>> > to exit codes, etc?
>> > Is there any reference documentation using upstart resources in
>> > Pacemaker?
>> > Or any good advice :-)
>>
>> Newer versions of pacemaker and lrmd are able to deal with upstart
>> resources via dbus.

Only if the LRM is compiled with --enable-upstart, of course. Which,
to the best of my knowledge, is only set on the Ubuntu builds (and
Ubuntu builds are currently the only ones for which this makes sense
to set, obviously).

This, however, requires that you run with an updated libglib2 package
(again, only on Ubuntu). All of that should be available either in the
upstream Ubuntu repos or, for the current LTS, in the
ubuntu-ha-maintainers PPA.[1]

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Florian

[1] "Why do I need to use a PPA if this release is ostensibly on
long-term support?" Don't ask me, ask someone from Canonical. :)

--
Need help with High Availability?
http://www.hastexo.com/now