[Pacemaker] problems with cman + corosync + pacemaker in debian

Florian Haas florian at hastexo.com
Sun Feb 19 15:50:29 EST 2012

On 02/18/12 10:59, diego fanesi wrote:
> are you saying I can install drbd + gfs2 + pacemaker without using cman?
> It seems that gfs2 depends on cman...

Only on RHEL/CentOS/Fedora. Not on Debian.

> I want to realize active/active cluster and I'm following the document
> "cluster from scratch" that you can found on this website.
>
> I don't know if there are other ways to realize it.

Here's a reference config; we use this in classes we teach (where we run
the Pacemaker stack on Debian because that's the only distro that
supports all of Pacemaker, OCFS2, GFS2, GlusterFS and Ceph). This makes
no claims at being perfect, but it works rather well.

primitive p_dlm_controld ocf:pacemaker:controld \
  params daemon="dlm_controld.pcmk" \
  op start interval="0" timeout="90" \
  op stop interval="0" timeout="100" \
  op monitor interval="10"
primitive p_gfs_controld ocf:pacemaker:controld \
  params daemon="gfs_controld.pcmk" \
  op start interval="0" timeout="90" \
  op stop interval="0" timeout="100" \
  op monitor interval="10"
group g_gfs2 p_dlm_controld p_gfs_controld
clone cl_gfs2 g_gfs2 \
	meta interleave="true"

Here's the corresponding DRBD/Pacemaker configuration.

primitive p_drbd_gfs2 ocf:linbit:drbd \
  params drbd_resource="gfs2" \
  op monitor interval="10" role="Master" \
  op monitor interval="30" role="Slave"
ms ms_drbd_gfs2 p_drbd_gfs2 \
  meta notify="true" master-max="2" \
  interleave="true"
colocation c_gfs2_on_drbd inf: cl_gfs2 ms_drbd_gfs2:Master
order o_drbd_before_gfs2 inf: ms_drbd_gfs2:promote cl_gfs2:start

Of course, you'll have to add proper fencing, and there are several DRBD
configuration options that you must remember to set. And, obviously, you
need the actual Filesystem resources to manage your GFSs proper.

That being said, it's entirely possible that a GlusterFS based solution
would solve your issue as well, and be easier to set up. Or even
something NFS based, backed by a single-Primary DRBD config for HA. You
didn't give many details of your setup, however, so it's impossible to
tell for certain.

Hope this helps.
Florian

--