[Pacemaker] MySQL-Cluster with Pacemaker

Stallmann, Andreas AStallmann at CONET.DE
Thu Feb 9 03:21:10 EST 2012

Hi Yves,

Ø  NDB requires a minimum of 4 nodes for HA...
I understood that in NDB-Cluster the concept of „nodes” has nothing to do with physical (or virtual) hosts but with running instances / processes. That’s at least, what can be derived from http://www.howtoforge.com/setting-up-a-loadbalanced-mysql-cluster-with-mysql5.1 and from http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/mysql-cluster-overview.html.

Too me it looks as if NDB-Cluster is supposed to be set up as a (n>1)+1 cluster*, where the n>1 hosts can carry mysqld and ndb and the +1 host is supposed to carry the mysql cluster manager. Please correct me, if I’m wrong of if this setup is possible, but (for some reason) is unwise / unstable / unsuitable for productive usage.

Thanks in advance,

Andreas
*The first links speaks of an loadbalanced mysql cluster and thus needs two further nodes, which carry the load balancing software.

CONET Solutions GmbH, Theodor-Heuss-Allee 19, 53773 Hennef.
Registergericht/Registration Court: Amtsgericht Siegburg (HRB Nr. 9136)
Geschäftsführer/Managing Director: Anke Höfer