[Pacemaker] pacemaker - corosync with not automatic failover

Tim Serong tserong at suse.com
Tue Feb 7 00:15:05 EST 2012

On 02/07/2012 02:26 AM, Dimokritos Stamatakis wrote:
> Hello,
> regarding my previous issue with pacemaker and heartbeat there was a
> problem with the version that apt-get used to retrieve. I now use
> pacemaker with corosync and it works fine.
>
> In our setup we need to have the ability to decide which node shall get
> the failover IP resource and force them to do so.
> In the default corosync-heartbeat configuration the cluster nodes decide
> which one shall get the failover IP resource. I want a way to stop the
> nodes from auto-assigning the failover IP resource after a node failure.
> I tried with monitoring disabled, but nothing happened. If I kill the
> node that owns the failover IP resource, then they elect another node as
> the new failover IP owner.
> I want to stop that, and be able to assign the failover IP to a specific
> node via the "crm resource migrate failover-IP node_x" command whenever
> I want, and corosync not to assign by itself!
>
> Is there a way to do that?

Well...  If you run "crm resource migrate failover-IP node_x" as
mentioned above, failover-IP will stay on node_x forever, until you
migrate it somewhere else (or unmigrate it, in which case it'll have the
default behaviour of running "on some node") :)

But you probably want to look at setting up some non-infinity location
constraints, e.g.:

   location ip-prefer-node_0 failover-IP 100: node_0
   location ip-maybe-node_1  failover-IP  50: node_1

failover-IP would be placed with preference on node_0 (score 100), or
node_1 (score 50), or some other node if neither node_0 nor node_1 are
available (and assuming you have more than two nodes).

HTH,

Tim
--
Tim Serong