[Pacemaker] How to run heartbeat and pacemaker resources as a non-root user

neha chatrath nehachatrath at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 22:39:25 EST 2012

Hello,

I need to run heartbeat and pacemaker resources as non-root users.
When I try to run heartbeat as a "hacluster" user, it fails to run with the
following error:

"Starting High-Availability services: chmod: changing permissions of
`/var/run/heartbeat/rsctmp': Operation not permitted
Done. touch: cannot touch `/var/lock/subsys/heartbeat': Permission denied"

I have tried changing ownership and permissions for the above directories
and files but still the same result.

Can somebody help me in this?

Thanks and regards
Neha Chatrath