[Pacemaker] Question about cluster start-up in a 2 node cluster with a node offline.

James FLatten jflatten at iso-ne.com
Wed Feb 8 14:32:24 EST 2012

Maybe someone can help me understand this behavior.  I have a two node
cluster built using the "Cluster from Scratch" document.  I am testing
various behaviors, one of which is to bring up the cluster services on
one node while it's partner node is offline.

What I am seeing is this:

I start up Corosync and pacemaker one the first node.  The system waits
dc-deadtime (correct?) and then successfully fences the other node.  At
this point I would assume that it would bring up the resources, but what
I find is that the system waits until the first cluster-recheck-interval
(15min) pops and then starts the resources.

Is this correct behavior? And if so, can I adjust the
cluster-recheck-interval so my services come online quicker?

Thank you,
Davin