[Pacemaker] override node name when using cman

Patrick H. pacemaker at feystorm.net
Wed Aug 29 09:59:48 EDT 2012

Sent: Wed Aug 29 2012 08:00:53 GMT-0400 (EDT)
From: Andrew Beekhof <andrew at beekhof.net>
To: The Pacemaker cluster resource manager <pacemaker at oss.clusterlabs.org>
Subject: Re: [Pacemaker] override node name when using cman
> On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 4:56 AM, Patrick Hemmer<pacemaker at feystorm.net>  wrote:
>> It looks like when using pacemaker with cman, pacemaker gets the name of the
>> node from the<clusternode>  'name' attribute. Is there any way to override
>> this?
> Basically no.  Nodes need to be addressable by whatever name is supplied.
Can this be put in as a feature request? It doesn't make sense to call a
node by the name of it's interface. Also cman is more than happy to let
you put IPs in the <clusternode> and <altname> 'name' attribute (making
things less ambiguous is always a good thing). But Having to identify
the node (in crm shell) by the IP address of one of it's interfaces is
just not right.