[Pacemaker] OCF Resource agent monitor activity failed due to temporary error

Andreas Kurz andreas at hastexo.com
Thu Apr 19 08:36:24 EDT 2012

On 04/19/2012 01:59 PM, Kulovits Christian - OS ITSC wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
> Exactly this is what i want pacemaker to do when my RA is not able to determine the resource´s state. But without running into timeout and restart.
> It's the method to display the resource´s state that is unavailable not the resource itself. This typically approach must be coded in every RA instead of once in pacemaker.

You want pacemaker to ignore monitor errors on all unknown return values
and go on with monitoring until a resource "heals" itself?

.... please rethink ... it is a resource agents work to reliable tell
pacemaker the definite resource state -- and "uhm, hm, don't know now
please try later" can be everything -- and how to find that out is very
specific depending on the resource. IMHO that makes no sense at all to
let the cluster manager do this work.

There may be cases were a "degraded" resource state may be a nice
feature and is already a topic here on the list ... from time to time.

Regards,
Andreas

--
Need help with Pacemaker?