[Pacemaker] HA across WDM Fibre link - Nodes won't rejoin after reboot

Darren.Mansell at opengi.co.uk Darren.Mansell at opengi.co.uk
Mon Apr 2 12:04:53 EDT 2012

>	On 2012-04-02T14:53:53, Darren.Mansell at opengi.co.uk wrote:
>
>	> I have 2 nodes running on ESX hosts in 2 geographically
diverse data
>	> centres. The link between them is a DWDM fibre link which is
the only
>	> thing I can think of as being the cause of this.
>	>
>	> SLES 11 SP1 with HAE. All latest updates.
>
>	That looks timing related; what bandwidth/latency do you get
between the two sites?

No theoretical bandwidth quoted from supplier, but in the hundreds of
Mbits I believe. 670ns latency.

>	You know that "geographical" clusters is not an officially
supported deployment scenario for SP1, right? ;-) >That's documented in
the release notes and changing only with SP2.

>	Regards,
>		Lars

I think the bandwidth and latency are sufficient to happily accept this
as local :) But no, I didn't know that unfortunately. If I can't get
Corosync communications working I'll just have to drop the HA and use
external load-balancers to direct traffic.

thanks.
Darren