[Pacemaker] Corosync with puppet

Florian Haas florian at hastexo.com
Mon Apr 2 06:00:50 EDT 2012

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 11:34 AM, Hugo Deprez <hugo.deprez at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear community,
>
> I am using a puppet mode in order to manage my cluster.
> I get a weird thing with the start & stop of the corosync daemon.
>
> When I modify the corosync.conf file, puppet is asked to restart / reload
> corosync, but it failed on the command :
>
> start-stop-daemon --stop --quiet --retry forever/QUIT/1 --pidfile
> /var/run/corosync.pid
>
> this command doesn't seems working when corosync is running.

I would think that your local Corosync doesn't like the fact that it's
the only Corosync instance configured to run with parameters different
from the other Corosync instances in the cluster.

What I always do when I need to make changes to the Corosync config is
enable Pacemaker maintenance mode, shut down pacemakerd & corosync on
all nodes, make the change, fire corosync & pacemakerd back up,
disable maintenance mode. I don't know how you would duplicate this in
puppet, or if that's even possible, but that would be my generally
recommended approach.

Cheers,
Florian

--