[Pacemaker] HAproxy resource not moving

Mark Busuttil markbusu at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 14:06:42 EDT 2012

Hey guys,

I recently started testing out Pacemaker + Corosync for a clustering
solution for HA proxy. My configuration is as follows

crm(live)configure# show
node node1.local
node node2.local
primitive ClusterIP ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2 \
        params ip="********" cidr_netmask="32" \
        op monitor interval="30s"
primitive test lsb:haproxy \
        op monitor interval="10s"
colocation haproxy-with-public-IPs inf: test ClusterIP
order haproxy-after-IP inf: ClusterIP test
property $id="cib-bootstrap-options" \
        dc-version="1.1.6-3.el6-a02c0f19a00c1eb2527ad38f146ebc0834814558" \
        cluster-infrastructure="openais" \
        expected-quorum-votes="2" \
        stonith-enabled="false"

If both my nodes are up, the VIP responds as requested to the HA proxy
requests.. and seems to always stick to node2.

Online: [node2.local node1.local ]

ClusterIP       (ocf::heartbeat:IPaddr2):       Started node2.local
test    (lsb:haproxy):  Started node2.local

However, if i break HA proxy on node 2 or reboot that machine, the cluster
dies and doest move over to node 1 and the crm_mon displays:

Online: [node1.local ]
OFFLINE: [ node2.local ]

Not sure what im missing here, however i would assume that both resources
should move over to Node1..

Mark Busuttil