[Pacemaker] Debian Squeeze with ocfs2?

mark - pacemaker list m+pacemaker at nerdish.us
Mon Oct 10 17:09:58 EDT 2011

Hi Michael,

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 2:16 AM, Michael Schwartzkopff <
misch at schwartzkopff.org> wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > I know this is probably a simple request, but I'm coming up with nothing
> as
> > far as workable documenation for this.  The only writeup I can find is a
> > guy doing ocfs2 on DRBD, and he skipped ocfs2 in pacemaker, instead using
> > cluster.conf.
> >
> > For my small setup, there's no DRBD in the equation, there will just be
> an
> > iSCSI volume and ocfs2.  Is the order not iSCSI > o2cb > ocfs2 >
> > Filesystem?
> >
> > Maybe I've missed a package somewhere, I have pacemaker and its
> > dependencies as well as ocfs2-tools and ocfs2-tools-pacemaker, but I
> don't
> > end up with dlm_controld anywhere on the system, and it seems that's what
> > ocf:pacemaker:controld wants to find.  I also don't get ocf:ocfs2:ocfs2
> > from any package, only ocf:pacemaker:ocfs2, which I gathered from
> > searching the list archives isn't the preferred RA.  Basically, I can't
> > get either to start within Pacemaker.
> >
> > It's very easy to setup cluster.conf and have my ocfs2 mounts working
> > nicely outside of pacemaker, so it appears I have everything needed for
> it
> > to work fine outside of Pacemaker, but I know that's a bad idea to run
> > with (two cluster stacks that don't know of the others existence?). So,
> > rambling aside, has anyone succeeded in Debian 6 + Pacemaker + OCFS2, and
> > can you drop a hint or sample config here?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Mark
>
> Hi,
>
> perhaps this help you:

I appreciate the reply, am I understanding correctly from your link that on
Debian 6, you can't use OCFS2 "out of the box" with Pacemaker (seems to
match my trials thusfar)?  I do have dlm_controld.pcmk running as a clone
instance now, I was missing the dlm-pcmk package when I wrote the previous
email... still, that's as far as it gets, ocf:pacemaker:o2cb throws:

"o2cb[5310]: INFO: Stack glue driver not loaded"

followed shortly by:

"ocfs2_controld[5352]: Unable to connect to CKPT: Object does not exist"

Thanks,
Mark