[Pacemaker] Reloading a resource after a failover

Florian Haas florian at hastexo.com
Tue Oct 4 10:08:22 EDT 2011

On 2011-10-04 12:26, Max Williams wrote:
> Thanks Serge.
>
> How exactly do I tell pacemaker to use this RA? Is there an ‘import’
> command I need to run?

No, you just drop the resource agent in the appropriate provider
directory (/usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/<provider/) and set its x bit. Then
it immediately becomes available to the LRM and Pacemaker.

> Also, does this mean I need to change some of the paths in the RA?

Yes it does. Well, really it means you're using an elderly version of
the resource agents package which expects the heartbeat shellfuncs
library in a different location than the new RA.

> [root at host001 ~]# ocf-tester -n named
> /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/heartbeat/named
>
> Beginning tests for /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/heartbeat/named...
>
> /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/heartbeat/named: line 16:
> /usr/lib/ocf/lib/heartbeat/ocf-shellfuncs: No such file or directory
>
> * rc=1: Your agent has too restrictive permissions: should be 755
>
> /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/heartbeat/named: line 16:
> /usr/lib/ocf/lib/heartbeat/ocf-shellfuncs: No such file or directory

If you change the path in that line 16 to
"/usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/heartbeat/.ocf-shellfuncs" (note leading dot in
filename and resource.d, not lib), then the RA should be able to find
the shell function library.

What's a much better idea though is of course to move to a recent
version of resource-agents, but that may or may not be an option for you.

Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Florian

--