[Pacemaker] Debian Unstable (sid) Problem with Pacemaker/Corosync Apache HA-Load Balanced cluster

Miltiadis Koutsokeras m.koutsokeras at biovista.com
Sun Oct 2 11:23:32 EDT 2011

Hi Mark,

Both Apache services were installed and stopped before starting the
corosync service.
I have researched the resource agents sources and I'm getting suspicious
that in Debian
preconfigured Apache and Pacemaker installation, there may be an issue
with ocf:heartbeat:apache
agent. I will read the sources more carefully and I would like some help
to setup the environment
exactly like the one Pacemaker uses when he tries to run the agent. This
would give me some
more detailed output to debug the problem. Thanks for the replies.

On 10/01/2011 07:05 PM, mark - pacemaker list wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 5:32 AM, Miltiadis Koutsokeras
> <m.koutsokeras at biovista.com <mailto:m.koutsokeras at biovista.com>> wrote:
>
>     From the
>     messages it seems like the manager is getting unexpected exit
>     codes from the
>     Apache resource. The server-status URL is accessible from
>     127.0.0.1 in both nodes.
>

> Am I understanding correctly that Apache is already running prior to
> your starting corosync/pacemaker?  You'll want to disable apache
> starting external to pacemaker, let the resource agent start it.  You
> say it's accessible from loopback and you attached output of
> server-status, although your crm_mon output clearly shows that it
> hasn't successfully started the Apache2 resource.  When pacemaker is
> started, apache shouldn't be running on either node.
>
> Sorry if I'm misunderstanding the scenario, though.
>
> Regards,
> Mark

Koutsokeras Miltiadis M.Sc.
Software Engineer
Biovista Inc.

US Offices
2421 Ivy Road
Charlottesville, VA 22903
USA
T: +1.434.971.1141
F: +1.434.971.1144

European Offices
34 Rodopoleos Street
Ellinikon, Athens 16777
GREECE
T: +30.210.9629848
F: +30.210.9647606

www.biovista.com

Biovista is a privately held biotechnology company that finds novel uses for existing drugs, and profiles their side effects using their mechanism of action. Biovista develops its own pipeline of drugs in CNS, oncology, auto-immune and rare diseases. Biovista is collaborating with biopharmaceutical companies on indication expansion and de-risking of their portfolios and with the FDA on adverse event prediction.