[Pacemaker] Physical setup - crossover cable recommended ?

Florian Haas florian at hastexo.com
Tue Nov 1 17:52:22 EDT 2011

On 2011-11-01 22:30, Hugo Deprez wrote:
> Dear community,
>
> I would like to improve my configuration of my clusters.
>
> I am thinking of using a crossover cable between my two servers for :
>
> Corosync trafic,
> DRBD trafic,
>
> Is that the best practice ?
> By using a crossover cable I'll avoid any issue on the cluster when
> spanning tree change on my network.
> Until now all the trafic is using the same Lan. And I do have other
> stuff on this network.

For DRBD, that's a fine and recommended appproach.

For Corosync, there's an underlying misconception here. You essentially
always want to run cluster communications over more than one link, so
you would run your Corosync traffic over _both_ your back-to-back cable
and your switched network. Corosync calls this redundant rings.

Cheers,
Florian

--
Need help with Pacemaker?