[Pacemaker] More logging Issues

imnotpc imnotpc at rock3d.net
Wed Jun 22 12:37:10 EDT 2011

On Tuesday, June 21, 2011 23:15:15 Andrew Beekhof wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 9:16 AM, imnotpc <imnotpc at rock3d.net> wrote:
> > As I'm grinding my way through the configuration of my first cluster,
> > I've resolved my notification issues with crm_mon and a custom script.
> > Now I'm trying to get logging set up and I have a couple more questions.
> >
> > After reading the list archives, search results, and the docs that I've
> > found (or have been pointed out to me, thanks), it seems that pacemaker
> > doesn't have any log configuration options and always logs to syslog. Is
> > this right or am I missing something?
>
> It reuses the logging options set in cluster.conf, corosync.conf or
> ha.cf depending on how pacemaker was started

Yes it follows the global logging configuration in cluster.conf.

> > Following the cluster.conf man page I set up cman/corosync logging and it
> > worked as expected. However after running pacemaker on these nodes
> > logging seemed to revert to original settings. I thought it might be a
> > cache issue so I rebooted but it still ignores the new settings. Is this
> > a coincidence or can pacemaker actually override manual changes to
> > cluster.conf?

This is still not working though. I tried re-installing everything and now
corosync and the pacemaker daemons follow the logging configuration in
cluster.conf. dlm_controld, fenced, and gfs_controld follow the global syslog
settings but ignore the global to_logfile="no" setting and continue to log to
their default log files. Here's the only logging line in my cluster.conf which
validates with ccs_config_validate:

<logging syslog_priority="debug" to_syslog="yes" to_logfile="no"/>

I've also tried using the logging_daemon setting to configure each daemon
individually but this setting is also ignored.

Jeff