[Pacemaker] Make resources more important than others

Luke Bigum Luke.Bigum at lmax.com
Tue Jun 21 08:54:53 EDT 2011

On 21/06/11 13:41, Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Jun 02, 2011 at 08:44:46AM +0100, Luke Bigum wrote:
>> Hi list,
>>
>> I have a conceptual question about making Pacemaker treat some resources
>> a lot more important than others. I'm afraid the answer is going to come
>> back "sorry you can't", but I just want to confirm.
> You were (most probably) right :)
>
> But it sounds interesting. Now, if java is not so important, why
> do you run it in the cluster?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dejan

Very good question :) The Java is our in-house software deployment agent
in which we also deploy MySQL, as well as our own code.  At design time
it was easier to add our Java agent to Pacemaker rather than code
cluster awareness into it. Unfortunately that decision was bitten us a
few too many times now in various ways, including the chicken and egg
situation where the Java agent needs to be able to control the cluster
(unmanage MySQL to upgrade it) and is itself controlled by the cluster.
Our way forward now is to code Pacemaker awareness into our agent and
run it on every node.

-Luke