[Pacemaker] Mail notification for fencing action

imnotpc imnotpc at rock3d.net
Wed Jun 15 06:52:21 EDT 2011

On Tuesday, June 14, 2011 07:17:41 Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 03:30:03PM -0400, imnotpc wrote:
> > I've created a group containing the primary RA and MailTo as the second
> > resource. This works as exected and sends an e-mail when the primary
> > resource stops or starts. I'd like to configure pacemaker to send an
> > e-mail any time a node goes down regardless of it having any resource is
> > currently running on it. I found nothing useful on google and I've tried
> > every configuration I can think of and I can't figure this out. Can the
> > MailTo resource be configured to do what I want?
>
> ClusterMon perhaps.

Thanks Dejan, I hadn't tried that. The problem with both of these is that if
the node running MailTo or ClusterMon goes down it can't send the e-mail and
the resource gets fenced defeating the whole purpose. Cloning ClusterMon
worked but sends a blizzard of e-mails from each node every time an event
occurs. I think the best answer would be for the DC to handle this sort of
thing. I'm trying to hack together a script that runs from a cron job on each
machine, but even if I get that to work it'll be an ugly solution and I'd
still get at least one e-mail from each functioning node.

Jeff