[Pacemaker] 3rd node just for quorum

Devin Reade gdr at gno.org
Fri Jun 10 22:56:05 EDT 2011

I have both two-node clusters that use drbd with local disk (no SAN)
and a three node cluster where one node is always in standby and
is just used for quorum.

IMO, if you are using drbd-on-local-disk and have proper fencing
support, the three node case in its current incarnation is more
trouble than it's worth.  The config is certainly more complex.

Of course, my opinion may be coloured by the fact that the 3rd node
isn't identical, so there are always errors showing that monitor
ops fail for services which aren't installed (such as xen RAs, which
the 3rd node can't run).

Devin
--
The greatest productive force is human selfishness.
							- Robert Heinlein