[Pacemaker] Multiple Active Cluster

Mirko Leanza m.leanza at resi.it
Thu Jun 30 06:49:06 EDT 2011

Hi list,

I was working on active/passive cluster for several years with much
satisfaction.

But now our company has a request where is needed a Active cluster with more
than 5 nodes.

This five nodes needs to run our services in balancing mode (basically much
clients that make request to a single VIP), in the past time we use LVS to
make balancing of workload.

Now my question: is possible to use only pacemaker without LVS assuming our
services act in a look as FTP or a Web Server or in alternative use LVS as a
services of the cluster (maybe with a dedicated private LAN using other
Ethernet interfaces of the servers)?

My fear is that use two nodes only for  LVS cluster is a waste of HW,
assuming that for a great amount of time the LVS server do nothing. I think
that instead, we need more computing time for our resource and so save the
two clustered LVS server that are offload.

I hope that is clear my English is not so good as u can see J

Regards

Miko
Release And Validation leader

SYE - R&V