[Pacemaker] Resources are not restarted on definition change after f59d7460bdde (devel)

Florian Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Wed Jul 27 04:12:31 EDT 2011

On 2011-07-27 03:46, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 4:59 PM, Andrew Beekhof <andrew at beekhof.net> wrote:
>> Hmm.  Interesting. I will investigate.
>
> This is an unfortunate side-effect of my history compression patch.
>
> Since we only store the last successful and last failed operation, we
> don't have the md5 of the start operation around to check when a
> resource's definition is changed.
>
> Solutions appear to be either:
> a) give up the space savings and revert the history compression patch
> b) always restart a resource if a non-matching md5 is detected - even
> if the operation was a recurring monitor
>
> I'd favor b) along with dropping the per-operation parameters.
> The only valid use-case I've heard for those is setting OCF_LEVEL or
> depth or whatever it was called - and I think we're in basic agreement
> that we need a better solution for that anyway.

We are, and you know my opinion that OCF_CHECK_LEVEL is hideous
(although lmb, for one, seems to disagree). But dropping it now does
clearly count as a regression and I'd really hate to see that happen unless

a) there is a replacement method for tuning the thoroughness of checking
the resource state during monitor, _and_
b) there is an automated or semi-automated ("cibadmin --upgrade"?) means
of transitioning off OCF_CHECK_LEVEL and replacing it with its successor
feature.

Cheers,
Florian