[Pacemaker] Trouble getting fence_apc working on RHEL 6.1

Uwe Grawert grawert at b1-systems.de
Sun Jul 17 16:36:33 EDT 2011

Am 17.07.11 20:32, schrieb Digimer:
> I've been trying to get my APC switched PDU working with Pacemaker using
> Red Hat's fence_apc fence agent. The agent itself works fine. I can
> fence nodes using:
>
> fence_na -a 192.168.1.6 -l apc -p secret -n 1 -o reboot
>
> When I try to fence using CRM though, I get these two errors:
>
> st_output="Parse error: Ignoring unknown option
> 'nodename=an-node02.alteeve.com'#012Failed: Unable to obtain correct
> plug status or plug is not available#012"
>
> The configuration is:
>
> # crm configure show
> node an-node01.alteeve.com \
> 	attributes standby="off"
> node an-node02.alteeve.com \
> 	attributes standby="off"
> primitive apc-fencing stonith:fence_apc \
> 	params \
> 	pcmk_host_map="an-node01.alteeve.com:1,an-node02.alteeve.com:2" \
> 	pcmk_host_list="an-node01.alteeve.com an-node02.alteeve.com" \
> 	pcmk_host_check="static-list" \
> 	ipaddr="192.168.1.6" \
> 	action="reboot" \
> 	login="apc" \
> 	passwd="secret" \
> 	port="TBA" \
> 	property $id="cib-bootstrap-options" \
> 	dc-version="1.1.5-5.el6-01e86afaaa6d4a8c4836f68df80ababd6ca3902f" \
> 	cluster-infrastructure="openais" \
> 	expected-quorum-votes="2" \
> 	stonith-enabled="true"
>
> The full log file and the 'pe-warn' file are quite long and would wrap
> badly in email. So I've put them up here:
>
> http://wiki.alteeve.com/index.php/CRM_troubles
>
> Any idea what magic I am missing? :)

Pacemaker is adding following parameters: option, nodename, port,
additionally to the ones you have configured. The nodename parameter is
not the problem, it is ignored. But you have a port parameter defined:
port="TBA". That one is getting overwritten with the node's name to
fence. I had the same issue with fence_bladecenter agent and had to
patch it.

I wrote an email to this list a month ago. Subject: "Pacemaker
additional parameters on stonith plugins"

But there was no big fuzz ;)

--
Uwe Grawert
Linux / Unix Consultant & Trainer