[Pacemaker] NFSv4 90 sec grace period

Florian Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Fri Jul 15 04:12:26 EDT 2011

On 2011-07-15 08:44, E. Kuemmerle wrote:
> Hi,
>
> you could try
>
> group groupNFS resFilesystem resIP resNFScommon resNFSserver
> resExportRoot resExportHome
>
> instead of
>
> group groupNFS resFilesystem resNFScommon resNFSserver resExportRoot
> resExportHome resIP

Nope, quite the contrary.

You want the IP to be started last and stopped first. Otherwise,
consider what would happen if you were trying to access the server while
the resource group is in the process of being stopped. Then you'd be
able to connect to the NFS server (because the IP is still configured),
but it may know nothing about the export you are trying to access
(because it just unexported it). And your client will scream "access
denied by server" errors.

> because as far as I know, the server IP should be available when
> NFSserver starts!

I am not aware of any way to make the Linux kernel NFS server bind to
just one address. As far as I know, it always listens on the wildcard
address. So the "server IP" that NFS listens on is always available.

And I'll reiterate (for those pulling this from the archives), the
resNFSserver and resNFScommon do not belong in the group. They should be
cloned.

Cheers,
Florian