[Pacemaker] A question and demand to a resource placement strategy function

Yuusuke IIDA iidayuus at intellilink.co.jp
Tue Jul 5 07:43:28 EDT 2011

Hi, Andrew

I know that there is the next processing in "pengine".

# cat -n pengine/utils.c
[snip]
    322      /* now try to balance resources across the cluster */
    323      if(node1->details->num_resources
    324         < node2->details->num_resources) {
    325          do_crm_log_unlikely(level, "%s (%d) < %s (%d) : resources",
    326                              node1->details->uname,
node1->details->num_resources,
    327                              node2->details->uname,
node2->details->num_resources);
    328          return -1;
    329
    330      } else if(node1->details->num_resources
    331                > node2->details->num_resources) {
    332          do_crm_log_unlikely(level, "%s (%d) > %s (%d) : resources",
    333                              node1->details->uname,
node1->details->num_resources,
    334                              node2->details->uname,
node2->details->num_resources);
    335          return 1;
    336      }

This processing is a thing to give priority to a node with a little number of
the resources.
And this processing acts regardless of setting of "placement-strategy".
I understand so it.

This processing works expected at the time of next.
A turn of the trouble of resources : rsc1 -> rsc2 -> rsc3

Online: [ act1 act2 act3 sby2 sby1 ]

Full list of resources:

rsc1    (ocf::pacemaker:Dummy): Started sby1
rsc2    (ocf::pacemaker:Dummy): Started sby2
rsc3    (ocf::pacemaker:Dummy): Started sby1

Failed actions:
     rsc1_monitor_5000 (node=act1, call=6, rc=7, status=complete): not running
     rsc2_monitor_5000 (node=act2, call=6, rc=7, status=complete): not running
     rsc3_monitor_5000 (node=act3, call=6, rc=7, status=complete): not running

However , at the time of next , I do not work as expected.(this is a problem)
A turn of the trouble of resources : rsc3 -> rsc2 -> rsc1

Online: [ act1 act2 act3 sby2 sby1 ]

Full list of resources:

rsc1    (ocf::pacemaker:Dummy): Started sby1
rsc2    (ocf::pacemaker:Dummy): Started sby1
rsc3    (ocf::pacemaker:Dummy): Started sby1

Failed actions:
     rsc1_monitor_5000 (node=act1, call=6, rc=7, status=complete): not running
     rsc2_monitor_5000 (node=act2, call=6, rc=7, status=complete): not running
     rsc3_monitor_5000 (node=act3, call=6, rc=7, status=complete): not running

This problem is improved by the correction that Yan made, but it is not applied
to "default" setting.
I want to apply this correction to "default" setting.
And I think that I want Pacemaker-1.0 to apply the same correction.

However , I want to think once again because there are the problem of group
resources reporting according to the present and the problem of colocation which
I do not yet report after including those corrections.

I attach crm_report of the problem work.

Best Regards,
Yuusuke IIDA