[Pacemaker] Pacemaker/Corosync logging gone wild

eric kapoor eric.Kapoor at swisslog.com
Tue Jul 5 16:36:01 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am having difficulty with the logging in Pacemaker. Although I have
set the logging, at the moment, to "err" and told it not to write to a
file I am still getting hammered by messages. My /var file is being
filled rapidly by the messages file from pengine all the way from
"notice" level on up. I can't stop it. It looks to have run amok. I have
restarted corosync many times and even rebooted.

SLSE11 SP1 latest release on everything.

Corosync.conf:

aisexec {

        #Group to run aisexec as. Needs to be root for Pacemaker

        group:  root

        #User to run aisexec as. Needs to be root for Pacemaker

        user:   root

}

service {

        #Default to start mgmtd with pacemaker

        use_mgmtd:      yes

        ver:    0

        name:   pacemaker

}

totem {

        #The mode for redundant ring. None is used when only 1 interface
specified, otherwise, only active or passive may be choosen

        rrp_mode:       active

        #How long to wait for join messages in membership protocol. in
ms

        join:   60

        #The maximum number of messages that may be sent by one
processor on receipt of the token.

        max_messages:   20

        #The virtual synchrony filter type used to indentify a primary
component. Change with care.

        vsftype:        none

        #Timeout for a token lost. in ms

        token:  5000

        #How long to wait for consensus to be achieved before starting a
new round of membership configuration.

        consensus:      6000

        #HMAC/SHA1 should be used to authenticate all message

        secauth:        on

        #How many token retransmits should be attempted before forming a
new configuration.

        token_retransmits_before_loss_const:    10

        #How many threads should be used to encypt and sending message.
Only have meanings when secauth is turned on

        threads:        24

        #The only valid version is 2

        version:        2

        interface {

                #Network Address to be bind for this interface setting

                bindnetaddr:    192.168.3.0

                #The multicast address to be used

                mcastaddr:      225.0.0.1

                #The multicast port to be used

                mcastport:      694

                #The ringnumber assigned to this interface setting

                ringnumber:     0

        }

        interface {

                #Network Address to be bind for this interface setting

                bindnetaddr:    10.10.10.0

                #The multicast address to be used

                mcastaddr:      226.0.0.1

                #The multicast port to be used

                mcastport:      696

                #The ringnumber assigned to this interface setting

                ringnumber:     1

        }

        #To make sure the auto-generated nodeid is positive

        clear_node_high_bit:    yes

}

logging {

        #Log to a specified file

        to_logfile:     no

        #Log to the standard error output

        to_stderr:      no

        #Log timestamp as well

        timestamp:      off

        #Facility in syslog

        syslog_facility:        daemon

        #Log to syslog

        to_syslog:      no

        #Whether or not turning on the debug information in the log

        debug:  off

        #Log to be saved in this specified file

        logfile:        /var/log/corosync.log

        #Logging file line in the source code as well

        fileline:       off

        logfile_priority:        err

        syslog_priority:         err

}

amf {

        #Enable or disable AMF

        mode:   disable

}

  ** END **

Kind regards,

Eric

This message may contain legally privileged or confidential information and is therefore addressed to the named persons only. The recipient should inform the sender and delete this message, if he/she is not named as addressee. The sender disclaims any and all liability for the integrity and punctuality of this message. The sender has activated an automatic virus scanning, but does not guarantee the virus free transmission of this message.</font></span>