[Pacemaker] text string to search for when fenced

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm
Mon Jan 24 11:09:21 EST 2011

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 11:35:28AM +0100, Bart Coninckx wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using Zabix to monitor my network and Pacemaker cluster.
>
> I would like to be notified explicitedly about fencing operations by
> examining the relevant logfile.
> Can anyone point me to an exact textstring that is always used
> (preferably cross-version) indicating a fencing operation?

You can find this extended regular expression in hb_report:

crmd.*te_fence_node.*Exec|stonith-ng.*log_oper.*reboot|stonithd.*(requests|(Succeeded|Failed).to.STONITH|result=)

This is crmd ordering the fencing operation:

crmd.*te_fence_node.*Exec

stonith-ng (v1.1) reporting the outcome of the operation
(".*reboot" should be removed):

stonith-ng.*log_oper.*reboot

Ditto for stonithd (v1.0):

stonithd.*(requests|(Succeeded|Failed).to.STONITH|result=)

HTH,

Dejan