[Pacemaker] DRBD MC 0.8.8 / Pacemaker GUI

Rasto Levrinc rasto.levrinc at linbit.com
Fri Jan 7 11:52:46 EST 2011

On Fri, January 7, 2011 5:23 pm, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn wrote:

>> 3. Make sure you use SUN Java not the OpenJDK 1.6.
>>

> Why doesn't the MC not work with openjdk? Is there maybe a way to get
> around this incompatability?

Well it will work with openjdk 7, without any changes.

It would be possible to identify and fix the incompatibilities, but I've
also noticed, that the performance is much worse in openjdk 6, than in SUN
Java. I am not convinced that it is worth the effort at this moment and
the SUN Java "workaround" is much better.

> Having to remove openjdk and installing the
> Sun one on my Fedora 14 System for just one application is a rather
> annoying hoop to jump through.

I don't think, you need to remove the openjdk, you can have both installed.

I know the current situation is very unpleasant and annoying as all the
distros started to ship openjdk 1.6 as default, but because of the low
performance of the openjdk 1.6, I'll wait for 1.7.

Rasto

--
: Dipl-Ing Rastislav Levrinc
: DRBD MC http://oss.linbit.com/drbd-mc/