[Pacemaker] Article on HA in the IBM cloud using Pacemaker and Heartbeat

Alan Robertson alanr at unix.sh
Fri Jan 28 10:02:32 EST 2011

Hi,

I recently co-authored an article on HA in the IBM cloud using Pacemaker
and Heartbeat.

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/cloud/library/cl-highavailabilitycloud/

The cool thing is that the IBM cloud supports virtual IPs.  With most of
the other clouds you have to do DNS failover - which is sub-optimal
;-).  Of course, they added this after we harangued them ;-) - but still
it's very nice to have.

It uses Heartbeat rather than Corosync because (for good reason) clouds
don't support multicast or broadcast.

There will be a follow-up article on setting up DRBD in the cloud as
well...  Probably a month away or so...

--
     Alan Robertson<alanr at unix.sh>

"Openness is the foundation and preservative of friendship...  Let me claim from you at all times your undisguised opinions." - William Wilberforce