[Pacemaker] First confused (then enlightened ? :)

Dan Frincu df.cluster at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 04:07:26 EST 2011

Hi,

<snip>

Is there a searchable repository of the list content so I may find
>>> if some of my doubts are already explained ?
>>>

> Answering myself, I found that this (and some related lists) are archived
> and indexed at GossamerThreads,
>        http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/linuxha
> I usually find that indexing a list like this is an invaluable tool, so
> here for the record.

For future reference, maybe this method will help someone else. From
http://www.clusterlabs.org/wiki/Mailing_lists there are 3 main archives:
- http://oss.clusterlabs.org/pipermail/pacemaker
- http://lists.linux-ha.org/pipermail/linux-ha
- http://lists.linux-foundation.org/pipermail/openais
+ 1 for drbd
- http://lists.linbit.com/pipermail/drbd-user/

What I do is to take the gzipped archives from all of the above, extract
them as text and index them with google desktop for quick reference.

Here's the one liner to do that:

for i in http://oss.clusterlabs.org/pipermail/pacemaker
http://lists.linux-ha.org/pipermail/linux-ha
http://lists.linux-foundation.org/pipermail/openais
http://lists.linbit.com/pipermail/drbd-user/ ; do mkdir -p $(pwd)/${i##*/}
&& for j in $(wget $i -O - 2>/dev/null | awk -F '"' -v var="$i" '/.gz/
{print var"/"$2}') ; do wget $j -P $(pwd)/${i##*/} 2>/dev/null; done &&
gunzip $(pwd)/${i##*/}/*.gz 2>/dev/null; done

Regards,
Dan

--
Dan Frincu