[Pacemaker] Please teach it about handling of the unmanaged resource in environment setting placement-strategy.

Gao,Yan ygao at suse.com
Tue Dec 13 05:29:32 EST 2011

Hi Yuusuke,

On 12/13/11 16:34, Yuusuke Iida wrote:
> Hi, Yan
>
> (2011/10/31 20:50), Yuusuke Iida wrote:
>> I read a cord of pengine.
>> By all appearance, as for the resource becoming "unmanaged failed", an
>> allotment does not seem to be performed.
>> Is the recognition that an allotment is not performed as for the
>> "unmanaged failed" resource that failed in stop right?
>> Does it mean that capacity of the node is not used if not assigned?
> Often I'm sorry.
> About the above, please give me a message.
Oh, sorry! It slipped off my radar.

As we can see from pengine/native.c: native_color(): 516:

if (is_not_set(rsc->flags, pe_rsc_managed)) {
        } else if (is_set(rsc->flags, pe_rsc_failed)) {
            reason = "failed";
        } else {

So assign_to is NULL for the later call:
native_assign_node(rsc, NULL, assign_to, TRUE);

This means it is allocated to no node. That's why an "unmanaged failed"
resource would not consume the capacity of the node.

Regards,
  Gaoyan
--
Gao,Yan <ygao at suse.com>