[Pacemaker] [Partially SOLVED] pacemaker/dlm problems

Vladislav Bogdanov bubble at hoster-ok.com
Thu Dec 8 23:16:57 EST 2011

09.12.2011 03:11, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 1:32 AM, Vladislav Bogdanov <bubble at hoster-ok.com> wrote:
>> Hi Andrew,
>>
>> I investigated on my test cluster what actually happens with dlm and
>> fencing.
>>
>> I added more debug messages to dlm dump, and also did a re-kick of nodes
>> after some time.
>>
>> Results are that stonith history actually doesn't contain any
>> information until pacemaker decides to fence node itself.

>> From my PoV that means that the call to
>> crm_terminate_member_no_mainloop() does not actually schedule fencing
>> operation.
>
> You're going to have to remind me... what does your copy of
> crm_terminate_member_no_mainloop() look like?
> This is with the non-cman editions of the controlds too right?

Just latest github's version. You changed some dlm_controld.pcmk
functionality, so it asks stonithd for fencing results instead of XML
magic. But call to crm_terminate_member_no_mainloop() remains the same
there. But yes, that version communicates stonithd directly too.

SO, the problem here is just with crm_terminate_member_no_mainloop()
which for some reason skips actual fencing request.

Side note: shouldn't that wait_fencing_done functionality where it asks
for stonith history be moved to crm API as well?