[Pacemaker] Fedora 16 Cluster

Patrick H. pacemaker at feystorm.net
Thu Dec 1 13:52:43 EST 2011

Sent: Thu Dec 01 2011 11:34:39 GMT-0700 (MST)
From: Charles DeVoe <scarecrow_57 at yahoo.com>
To: pacemaker at oss.clusterlabs.org
Subject: [Pacemaker] Fedora 16 Cluster
> I've spent the last month or so building linux clusters.  2 of them in
> a VM environment on fedora 15.  I went through the Clusters from
> Scratch Tutorial; which sort of worked.  At this time I am looking for
> a sanity check.
>
> My requirements are  to have  a 4 node load balanced cluster with
> shard access to a SAN volume.  The SAN will be using GFS2.
>
>  I believe I need corosync, Openais, PaceMaker, and GFS2 utilities.
>
> Where the confusion is coming from is the use of CMAN in the clusters
> from scratch.  It seems from what I am reading that Pacemaker should
> be able to do everything I need and I am wondering if the use of cman
> is old information.
>
> Any thoughts comments or suggestiosn are greatly appreciated, Thanks
> in advance.

No, CMAN is the new information. Theres a nasty bug out there (see
http://www.mail-archive.com/openais@lists.linux-foundation.org/msg05600.html)
if you setup pacemaker 1.1 without the new MCP stuff. Best solution is
to switch to CMAN. See
http://theclusterguy.clusterlabs.org/post/907043024/introducing-the-pacemaker-master-control-process-for<http://theclusterguy.clusterlabs.org/post/907043024/introducing-the-pacemaker-master-control-process-for>