[Pacemaker] ipmi stonith configuration

manish.gupta at ionidea.com manish.gupta at ionidea.com
Tue Dec 27 09:08:50 EST 2011

Hi All,

      I am new for stonith configuration.
      In my system stonith bmc info, stonith sdr, stonith sdr info command
are working. IPMI version id V1.5, ipmitool version is ipmi1.8.11,
      But when I run these command I am getting these error.

      1. ipmitool channel info
         get channel info failed, invalid command.

      2. ipmitool lan print 1
         cahnnel 1 is not a lan channel(for 1 to 14 channel same erro is
coming)
      3. ipmitool chassis power status
         Get chassis power status failed. Invalid command.

     Due to these error i am not able to configure BMC. And stonith
resource agent is not starting.

     Please can you tell me how to check IPMI over lan is supported or not

    MotherBoard is : Intel Xeon L5408
    Network cards are : BCM5715s

    Any help will we greately appricated.

Regards