[Pacemaker] How to prevent a node that joins the cluster after reboot from starting the resources.

Vladislav Bogdanov bubble at hoster-ok.com
Fri Aug 26 00:21:04 EDT 2011

25.08.2011 23:22, mark - pacemaker list wrote:
[snip]
> So, I disabled pacemaker from starting via the normal route and just
> added a line to /etc/rc.local that starts it, since that's the absolute
> last thing done at boot.  I didn't want to mess with the chkconfig
> settings in the init script and get bitten by this down the line
> somewhere after an update that replaced the init script.  Now libvirtd
> is there for pacemaker and things behave as expected, at least after
> three reboot tests in a row.

Pacemaker now (1.1) starts at level 99. That was discussed in ML.

> I suppose it may also work to make libvirtd a pacemaker resource, with
> an order constraint so it's started before any VMs are ever
> probed/started.  That'd take away easy/painless restarts of libvirtd,
> though.  I'll have to do some further digging to see what makes the most
> sense.

Please do not forget that libvirt may start guests by itself, even if
libvirtd is started by pacemaker. This is true for at least latest
libvirt releases - it starts all guests marked for autostart AND all
guests being started when libvirtd was last active (f.e. just before
node was fenced).
The only solution I found to prevent this is to delete all
/etc/libvirt/qemu and /var/.../libvirt files early during boot sequence.

Best,
Vladislav