[Pacemaker] Unable to execute crm(heartbeat/pacemaker) commands

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Thu Aug 25 05:05:32 EDT 2011

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 10:34:07AM +0200, Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 11:15:09AM +0530, rakesh k wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I am using Heartbeat(3.0.3) and pacemaker (1.0.9).
> >
> > We are facing the following issue. Please find the details.
> >
> > we had installed heartbeat and pacemaker,on the uinux BOX(CENT OS operation
> > system).
> >
> > we had created a ssh user and provided it to one of the developers.
> > please find the directory structure and the bash profile for that ssh user.
> >
> > bash-3.2# cat .bash_profile
> > # .bash_profile
> > # User specific environment and startup programs
> > PATH=$PATH:/usr/sbin
> > export PATH
> > bash-3.2#
> > but when one of the developer logs in to the box where heartbeat/pacemaker
> > is
> > installed through ssh .
> > he is unable to execute crm configuration commands.
> > say for example. while we are executing the following crm configuration
> > commands .
> > we are unable to execute crm configuration commands and the system is
> > hanging
> > while executing.
>
> What is hanging? The crm shell? Does it react to ctrl-C? Can you
> provide more details.

My guess is that the shell prompt is "hanging".
Why?

Because you end the last part of the input with backslash.
Which of course causes shell to wait for yet an other line.

And if you don't type that line (or an additional return)
that shell prompt will wait for a very long time.

If that guess should turn out to be true, I suggest you
sleep more, drink more water or tea or coffee or whatever helps,

Or first learn about shell and do some *nix systems 101 in general
before trying to do cluster stuff.