[Pacemaker] RHEL6 / Scientific Linux 6: cluster-glue no longer includes stonith agents?

Digimer linux at alteeve.com
Tue Aug 23 20:04:40 EDT 2011

On 08/23/2011 06:19 PM, mark - pacemaker list wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to replicate a cluster I initially built for testing on
> CentOS 5.6, but with the fresher packages that come along with a 6.x
> release.  CentOS is still playing catch-up, so their 6.0 pacemaker
> packages are a bit older.  Based on that, I figured I'd try Scientific
> Linux 6.1 since it's the closest to current I can get being non-licensed
> for RHEL.
>
> My previous iteration of the cluster was heartbeat/pacemaker, but since
> pacemaker is now included as part of the stock repos I figured I'd stick
> with those only, which means cman/corosync/pacemaker.  I have things
> working pretty much as I want, but still with stonith disabled because I
> have no stonith agents available in pacemaker at all.  If I do "crm ra
> list stonith", it comes back empty (where on 5.6 I have numerous agents
> to choose from).  Looking at the older 5.6 nodes, I can see that the
> stonith agents mostly (or all?) came from the cluster-glue package,
> which I do have installed on the new cluster nodes as well.  The newer
> cluster-glue packages just don't contain any stonith agents.
>
> Am I approaching this incorrectly, and I'm supposed to handle fencing in
> corosync (which does have tons of stonith bits installed with it)?  If
> so, how do I tell pacemaker to fire off a fencing task via corosync?  Am
> I supposed to configure pacemaker to use corosync's stonith commands?
>
> Any pointers appreciated,
> Mark

In EL6, Pacemaker and RGManager resource and fence (stonith) agents are
being merged. The package you want to install is 'fence-agents' (and
'resource-agents' for the resource management scripts).

--
Digimer
E-Mail:              digimer at alteeve.com
Freenode handle:     digimer
Papers and Projects: http://alteeve.com
"At what point did we forget that the Space Shuttle was, essentially,
a program that strapped human beings to an explosion and tried to stab
through the sky with fire and math?"