[Pacemaker] Question about Pacemaker master/slave and mysql replication

Michael Szilagyi mszilagyi at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 14:20:43 EDT 2011

I'm already using the mysql RA file from
https://github.com/ClusterLabs/resource-agents/blob/master/heartbeat/mysql(which
also seems to have replication support in it).

Basically what seems to be happening is that pacemaker detects that the
master has dropped and promotes a slave up to master.  However, it is not
properly reconfiguring the slaves with a CHANGE MASTER TO.  I can see some
lines in the ocf file that relate to changing master but it isn't setting it
up properly.  If I login to the slave and issue a CHANGE MASTER TO ... /
START SLAVE then replication will start up normally again.

Since I can see that the script does allow the master host to get set when
going through set/unset_master I'm hoping it's just something I'm missing
and not a limitation of using Pacemaker to manage the sql replication
cluster.

Hopefully someone can point me at what I am missing.

-Mike.