[Pacemaker] Ordering and Colocation

Curtis curtis at tinbrain.net
Sun Aug 14 20:23:06 EDT 2011

Greetings,
	I've been wrestling with this configuration for a few days now as I
slowly climb the learning curve of Pacemaker.

My situation is as follows:

I have 2 nodes, with 3 layers of resources:
drbd->lvm->publish

They must run on both nodes, but each service is dependant only on those
on the same node.

If drbd is not Master, lvm can't start.
If lvm isn't started, publish can't start.

Now, from talking with beekhof on IRC, All I need is ordering and
colocation.  This has worked for bringing it up, but when I, say, stop
LVM... the publishing doesn't stop.

Config [sorry if XML is preferred]:

primitive drbd_prim ocf:linbit:drbd \
	params drbd_resource="raid"
primitive lvm_prim ocf:heartbeat:LVM \
	params volgroupname="raid"
primitive publish_prim ocf:iomax:scst \
	prams ....
ms drbd drbd_prim \
	meta master-max="2" master-node-max="1" clone-max="2"
clone-node-max="2" notify="true"
clone lvm lvm_prim \
	meta globally-unique="true" clone-max="2" clone-node-max="1"
clone publish publish_prim \
	meta globally-unique="true" clone-max="2" clone-node-max="1"
colocation lvm_with_drbd inf: drbd:Master lvm
colocation publish_with_lvm inf: lvm publish
order drbd_then_lvm inf: drbd:promote lvm symmetrical=true
order lvm_then_publish inf: lvm publish symmetrical=true

I'd really appreciate any information on how my understanding is
deficient, and how to get this working.

--
Curtis