[Pacemaker] Extracting resource state information from the XML

pskrap pskrap at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 11 07:51:07 EDT 2011

Hi,

I have a setup with tens of resources over several nodes. The interface that is
used to administer the system has a page showing all resources, their state and
which node they are running on.

I can get the information of one resource using 'crm_resource -W -r <rsc>' but
running this command over and over again for that many resources is far to slow
for my needs. The crm_mon produced web page is not enough as I need it in a
customized format. I figured the best way to do this efficiently is to query the
XML using cibadmin -Q, parse it and get the state of all resources from there in
one go.

Unfortunately I am not familiar with the status part of the XML. Is anyone able
to tell me how i can find the following information in the XML:

- resource state (running, stopped, failed)
- which node the resource is currently running on