[Pacemaker] Default gateway issues

Albéric de Pertat alberic.depertat at adelux.fr
Fri Aug 5 09:57:53 EDT 2011

Hi,

I'm beginning to use pacemaker and I have come across the
following problem :

I have two nodes with ips 10.0.9.11/24 and 10.0.9.12/24 routed
via 10.0.9.254. I have declared an IPaddr resource for
10.0.10.10/24. So far so good.

primitive ip ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr \
        params ip="10.0.10.10" cidr_netmask="24" nic="eth0" \
        broadcast="10.0.10.255"

Then I added a Route resource like so :

primitive gw ocf:heartbeat:Route \
        params destination="0.0.0.0/0" gateway="10.0.10.1"

This also works fine. The problems come if I try to move the
resources. If I standby the node where ip is running, the
resources ip and gw will move fine but the first node will be
left without a default gateway as the Route RA simply deletes it
when it stops, whether it's been added by the cluster or not.

I have tried several pacemaker configurations, none of which
worked, and I am beginning to think I should not have my
"passive" gateway in the cluster at all. Is there a way to do
this or should I modify the Route RA so that it saves the gateway
before replacing it ?

Thanks for your help
--
Albéric de Pertat