[Pacemaker] P.S.: Nagios3 on shared device / howto from clusterlabs wiki

Thomas ThomasCaspari at t-online.de
Thu Apr 28 11:03:24 EDT 2011

Michael Schwartzkopff <misch at ...> writes:
> > > What about solving the unterlying problem that monitoring does not
> > > geenrate any failures any more?
> >
> > So I understand your recommendation would be the solution to copy the file
> > into place at /mnt_share/etc/nagios3/nagios.cfg as that would solve the
> > problem at it's base?
>
> Since I don't know what the real cause of the problem is I cannot give you any
> advise here.
>
> Greetings,

see my first posting. The howto on that subject is incomplete. As I have thought
this is the right place to discuss, I decided to present my thoughts.

I repeat in short:
http://www.clusterlabs.org/wiki/Nagios3_on_Pacemaker_DRBD ist incomplete in two
ways:
1. uid:gid problem on shared device when not exactly matching on all hosts,
which really can happen (I believe on any linux version, I use debian squeeze)
2. check of config file fails on corosync start because it's not available. I
was thinking which solution would be most elegant and failsafe. I think it's a
good idea to add these steps to the howto. I cannot comment on the clusterlabs
wiki. I hope the author of the named howto reads here as this mailing list is
directly linked on http://www.clusterlabs.org/wiki/Mailing_lists

Greetings

Thomas