[Pacemaker] LSB reload instead of stop and start

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at novell.com
Wed Apr 27 14:57:45 EDT 2011

On 2011-04-27T19:00:57, Viacheslav Biriukov <v.v.biriukov at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have next configuration of HA cluster:
>
> primitive P_NGINX lsb:nginx
> primitive P_NGINX_IP1 ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2 params ip="x.x.x.x" nic="eth0"
> group G_NGINX P_NGINX_IP P_NGINX_IP1 P_NGINX_IP2 P_NGINX_IP3 P_NGINX_IP4
> P_NGINX_IP5 P_NGINX_IP6 P_NGINX
>
> Often I need to add new dedicated  ip address to nginx config. But when I
> add new IP to G_NGINX it stops nginx deamon and starts it from scratch. It
> affect clients -- they get errors. And have small downtime.
> Is it possible to use "reload" instead of "stop and start" resource?

Wouldn't it work if you have nginx listen on * and add IPs to the end of
the group only?

Incidentally, that will also close a small race in your current
configuration - where the IP is already (or still) up, but nginx is
stopped, clients will currently get a connection refused.

Regards,
    Lars

--
Architect Storage/HA, OPS Engineering, Novell, Inc.