[Pacemaker] Resource Agents 1.0.4: HA LVM Patch

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm
Tue Apr 26 15:12:47 EDT 2011

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 03:56:16PM +0200, Ulf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I attached a patch to enhance the LVM agent with the capability to set a tag on the VG (set_hosttag = true) in conjunction with a volume_list filter this can prevent to activate a VG on multiple host. Unfortunately active VGs will stay active in case of unclean operation.

Can you please elaborate on the benefits this patch would bring.
Is it supposed to prevent a VG from being mounted on more than
one node?

Looking at the code, it seems like that on the start operation,
the existing tag would be overwritten regardless.

Thanks,

Dejan

P.S. Moving the discussion to the proper mailing list.