[Pacemaker] adding a third node for quorum without running resource?

Jelle de Jong jelledejong at powercraft.nl
Mon Apr 18 04:35:10 EDT 2011

Dear Andrew,

On 18-04-11 09:05, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 9:54 PM, Jelle de Jong
> <jelledejong at powercraft.nl> wrote:
>> How should I change my configuration[1] so it understands that it can
>> not run resources on the third node (machine ebony) but should use it
>> for quorum only?
>
> node thirdnode \
>         attributes standby="on"

http://pastebin.com/EwqmZxjc

Thank you for taking the time to help-out. This is much appreciated. I
added the third-node ebony to the crm configuration and started corosync
with the crm service on the node ebony. The other host saw the added
node in standby node.

I tried to move the main group resource, but it behaves the same as
before the complete resources is failing. I expect because the drbd
monitor needes the third node to do somehting that it can't do.

If I am still doing something wrong please let me know. I will now try
to add a ping monitor to the configuration to detect and countermeasure
short network failures.

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

Jelle de Jong