[Pacemaker] OCFS2 integration on distros that don't ship cman

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at novell.com
Fri Apr 15 08:40:05 EDT 2011

On 2011-04-15T08:23:09, Andrew Beekhof <andrew at beekhof.net> wrote:

> > Now, for packagers on distros that don't ship cman, is it a viable
> > option to just package dlm_controld from
> > git://git.fedorahosted.org/dlm.git, and ship that to support
> > Pacemaker-managed OCFS2?
> Yes. This is what SLES does and will presumably continue to do.
> Err, assuming the patches are still in there.

We ship the pacemaker-based DLM, yes.

I'd actually not mind following this upstream path too, but I doubt it
can be done in a rolling-upgrade fashion?

Also, is the cman-corosync thing something to stay forever, or is it
just an intermediate step?

> The only other thing to note is that eventually everything (pacemaker,
> *FS, dlm_controld) will hook into the corosync quorum plugin instead
> of cman or the pacemaker plugin.

That probably answers my question above; so on SLE, we'd skip the 'cman'
bit (and stick to pacemaker's plugin), and then directly go to the
"fully converged upstream" in the next major release.

> Timeline for that should be in the next year or so (after much
> additional testing) IIUC.

We just got ourselves a major topic for the conference in October ;-)

Regards,
    Lars

--
Architect Storage/HA, OPS Engineering, Novell, Inc.