[Pacemaker] ifstatus OCF RA

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Thu Apr 14 04:14:21 EDT 2011

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 3:05 PM, Florian Haas <florian.haas at linbit.com> wrote:
> On 2011-04-13 11:06, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
>> On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 6:10 PM, Vladislav Bogdanov
>> <bubble at hoster-ok.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> just bumping this to be not forgotten.
>>
>> Actually I'd missed that this was a Pacemaker specific one and
>> therefore something I needed to look at :-)
>
> Well considering that a bunch of agents in resource-agents/heartbeat use
> Pacemaker specific envars these days, not to mention supporting
> Master/Slave mode which is also Pacemaker specific, I don't really see
> why this one can't go in the github repo...

Envars is one thing, its conceivable that another RM could provide those.
I agree that those still belong in the agents repo.

But the sole purpose of this RA is to set node attributes in the CIB
for use in PE policies.
Thats a highly specialized agent that isn't going to be useful outside
of a Pacemaker installation.

That makes it appropriate to include in either the upstream project or
pacemaker itself.