[Pacemaker] MySQL HA-Cluster, error on move

Patric Falinder patric.falinder at omg.nu
Tue Apr 12 02:12:07 EDT 2011

Devin Reade skrev 2011-04-11 23:26:
> --On Monday, April 11, 2011 02:14:44 PM +0200 Patric Falinder
> <patric.falinder at omg.nu>  wrote:
>
>> The problem I have is when I need to migrate/move the resources to the
>> other node, or unmove it, I get this error message and mysqld won't
>> start/move properly:
> [snip]
>
>> primitive mysqld lsb:mysql
>> colocation mysql_on_drbd inf: mysql ms_drbd_mysql:Master
>> order mysql_after_drbd inf: ms_drbd_mysql:promote mysql:start
>
> Try ocf:heartbeat:mysql instead of lsb:mysql.  Also, have a look
> at the colocation and order constraints, and adjusting your start/stop
> timeouts for mysqld (compare with the values below).  The following
> is a configuration that has been rock-solid for me (ymmv, especially
> wrt timeouts -- depends on db workload):
>
> primitive drbd_mysql ocf:linbit:drbd \
>          params drbd_resource="mysql" \
>          op monitor interval="30s" \
>          op start interval="0" timeout="240s" \
>          op stop interval="0" timeout="100s"
> primitive fs_mysql ocf:heartbeat:Filesystem \
>          params device="/dev/drbd/by-res/mysql" directory="/cluster/mysql"
> fstype="ext3" \
>          op monitor interval="20s" timeout="40s" \
>          op start interval="0" timeout="60s" \
>          op stop interval="0" timeout="60s"
> primitive ip_mysql ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2 \
>          params ip="a.b.c.d"
> primitive mysqld ocf:heartbeat:mysql \
>          params binary="/usr/bin/mysqld_safe"
> pid="/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid" datadir="/cluster/mysql/data"
> test_passwd="password" \
>          op start interval="0" timeout="120" \
>          op stop interval="0" timeout="120" \
>          op monitor interval="60" timeout="30"
> group mysql fs_mysql ip_mysql mysqld
> colocation mysql_on_drbd inf: mysql:Started ms_drbd_mysql:Master
> order mysql_after_drbd inf: ms_drbd_mysql:promote mysql:start
> symmetrical=true
>
>> I also have one more question. When I run "move mysql dbcluster2" for
>> example, I need to run "unmove mysql" otherwise it won't migrate back
>> over if that server fails, right!? Then can I see somewhere if I need to
>> run "unmove" or if it will migrate over as it should?
>
> Correct.
>
> If you want a daily (or whatever) reminder of anything that hasn't been
> un-moved, check out my cluster-migration-check script available as part of
> gno-cluster-tools at<ftp://ftp.gno.org//pub/tools/cluster-tools>.
> Consider it as an early release pending additions, more docs, crypto sigs,
> etc, but I've had it in production for a while and it seems to be fine.
> Tested only on CentOS 5.x.
>
> Devin

Thanks a lot everyone for all the information I got! I will try with
ocf:heartbeat:mysql instead of lsb:mysql, check the timeout values and
everything. Also thanks for your config, I will compare it and see if I
can improve mine :D
This was exactly what I was looking for.
I will check back later and tell you if I got it working the way I want.

Thanks,
-Patric F.