[Pacemaker] large number of pe-input-* files

Raoul Bhatia [IPAX] r.bhatia at ipax.at
Tue Apr 5 11:19:30 EDT 2011

On 04/05/2011 04:35 PM, Shravan Mishra wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> penguin process creates a large number of files under /var/lib/pengine.
>
> We are using HA on a very high per box which is processing large
> amount of data fed fro an external source.
> There is a large number of files creation and IO taking place.
>
> We ran out of inodes because there were something like 1500 files
> under the mentioned directory:
>

> ls /var/lib/pengine/ | wc -l
> 1492
>

> Is there a way to cleanup and or reduce these many files?

pacemaker can do this by itself:

> property $id="cib-bootstrap-options" \
>         pe-error-series-max="100" \
>         pe-warn-series-max="100" \
>         pe-input-series-max="100" \

you can read about this in the pacemaker documentation.

cheers,
raoul
DI (FH) Raoul Bhatia M.Sc.          email.          r.bhatia at ipax.at
Technischer Leiter

IPAX - Aloy Bhatia Hava OG          web.          http://www.ipax.at
Barawitzkagasse 10/2/2/11           email.            office at ipax.at
1190 Wien                           tel.               +43 1 3670030
FN 277995t HG Wien                  fax.            +43 1 3670030 15