[Pacemaker] double stonith device

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm
Tue Apr 5 06:09:47 EDT 2011

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 05, 2011 at 10:28:13AM +0200, Christian Zoffoli wrote:
> Il 04/04/2011 20:03, Andrew Daugherity ha scritto:
> [cut]
> > The APC PDUs do support outlet groups spanning several PDUs, using multicast I
> > believe.  There's even a note about it in README.rackpdu in the cluster-glue
> > package:
> > ====
> > In case your nodes are equipped with multiple power supplies, the
> > PDU supports synchronous operation on multiple outlets on up to
> > four Switched Rack PDUs. See the User's Guide for more
> > information on how to setup outlet groups.
> > ====
> >
> > What I'm not clear about is how to tell the apcmaster stonith plugin which
> > outlet group to control.  The only parameters mentioned in its built-in help are
> > ipaddr, login, and password.

I guess you mean apcmastersnmp. Just name outlets after nodes.

> thank you very much ...I've not seen such feature before ...I'll make
> some tests.

There was some discussion about this rackpdu feature on the
linux-ha ML and, apparently, there's no guarantee that all
outlets are actually reset (or turned off). So, you should do
thorough testing. I never tested it myself and I'd appreciate if
you share your findings.

Cheers,

Dejan