[Pacemaker] Question of the syslog output in pacemaker-1.1

Yuusuke IIDA iidayuus at intellilink.co.jp
Tue Apr 19 03:25:11 EDT 2011

Hi, Andrew

I use corosync-1.3.0 and Pacemaker-1.1.5.

The log outputs it via rsyslog.

I changed syslog_facility of corosync.conf to local1 and was going to let a
designated file output the log of the cluster.

However, setting was not reflected for a process performed of fork by pacemakerd.

facility of a process performed of fork by pacemakerd remained daemon.

It was only corosync and pacemakerd that the setting that I changed became
effective.

Why is setting of syslog_facility of corosync.conf ineffective in a process
performed of fork by pacemakerd?

Please teach a method to change facility of a process performed of fork by
pacemakerd.

Best Regards,
Yuusuke IIDA
METRO SYSTEMS CO., LTD